How to Create a Custom RoboKiller Answer Bot (and WIN!)
Hey Robokiller users! Not too long ago, we launched a new feature that lets you create Answer Bots of your own. Beginning with version 3.2, all RoboKiller users can now personalize your revenge on all the annoying, harassing, and downright dangerous spammers trying to waste your time and steal your money.
We’ve had a lot of fun creating Answer Bots that get under telemarketers’ skin. To celebrate, we’re launching a Custom Answer Bot Contest to grow RoboKiller’s army of hilarious spam-fighting Answer Bots.
In this post we’ll cover:
- The details of the RoboKiller Custom Answer Bot Contest
- How you can enter your Custom Answer Bot and WIN!
- How to make a spam-fighting Answer Bot of your own
- Tips and tricks to create a custom Answer Bot that RoboKills
- The Answer Bot Hall of Fame: Pretty, Pretty Good Day
RoboKiller’s Custom Answer Bot Contest: The Details
Do you have a Custom Answer Bot you think is worthy of the spotlight? If so, you’re a great fit for the RoboKiller Custom Answer Bot Contest. We’re looking for RoboKiller users with serious spam-fighting talent to help make RoboKiller’s Custom Answer Bots even better! Here are the details of RoboKiller’s Custom Answer Bot Contest.
Using Custom Answer Bots, RoboKiller users can design, record, and share their own Answer Bots with RoboKiller for a chance to be featured in the RoboKiller’s Answer Bot Library!
- Record your own hilarious Answer Bot in the RoboKiller app.
- Email an audio file containing a recording of your Answer Bot to [email protected].
- Recordings can be of your Answer Bot on its own or your Answer Bot in action against a spammer.
- The top 3 Custom Answer Bot winners will each receive a RoboKiller T-Shirt and the chance to be featured in the RoboKiller Answer Bot Library!
- Winners will be announced monthly via Facebook and Twitter on the last day of the month.
How to Create a Custom Answer Bot with RoboKiller
By now, you probably already know that Answer Bots are RoboKiller’s scripted recordings. They are played back to spammers in order to trick them into believing they are speaking to a live human. As long as the bad guys think they are talking to a real person, that is one less person’s time they are wasting or money they are stealing.
If you’re new to Answer Bots, or simply need a refresher, follow the below steps to create your very own custom Answer Bot.
Step 1: You must be on the RoboKiller App Version of 3.2.0 or higher.
Step 2: Go to the RoboKiller “Settings” page
Step 3: Tap on “Answer Bots” and then tap on “Custom Answer Bots” to get started
Step 4: Select the “Create Answer Bot” screen
Step 5: Tap the red microphone button and start talking! If you haven’t already, you may need to allow microphone access.
Step 6: Once you’re finished, you can listen to your recording and then either save it start over.
Step 7: Answer Bots can be renamed or deleted at any time. Go to the Answer Bot settings page by tapping the Edit icon.
Tips and Tricks to Create a Custom Answer Bot
Thanks to years of experience fighting spam and robocalls, the Answer Bots included in RoboKiller have been carefully constructed to cause maximum damage to the bad guys.
While we won’t give away all of our secrets, here are a few that will help you make your custom Answer Bot more effective.
- Speak slightly above normal conversation volume, slowly and clearly.
- Leave a little bit of space at the beginning before saying “Hello.” Most spam call farms dial multiple numbers simultaneously and connect the call to a live person only after one of the lines answers. Leaving that extra bit of space makes your Answer Bot more convincing.
- Leave lots of space: more is usually better, otherwise, you will end up talking over the caller. Most of these scammers are working from a script and tend to talk a lot, often looking for “yes” and “no” answers. Giving some space leaves them time to do their talk and makes it seem like you’re actually listening.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the caller to repeat themselves and create distractions in the background. A doorbell ringing, a baby crying and more like it work great. Get creative!
- Make your Answer Bot at least 30 seconds. The best ones are longer.
- Finally, listen to some of the blocked call recordings you already have in RoboKiller. They will give you an idea of the cadence and pattern of a typical robocall or spam call.
- Have fun!
Answer Bot Hall of Fame: Pretty, Pretty Good Day
We don’t like to brag, but we think we have some pretty hilarious Answer Bots. Whether you get the biggest kick out of the Movie Set Answer Bot, the Chafed Calves, All Fifty States from an Idiot, or the Vocal Training Exercise, taking revenge on spammers has never been so sweet!
This month, our Answer Bot Hall of Fame feature is Pretty, Pretty Good Day. This Answer Bot is one of many that have wasted nearly 10,000 hours of spammer’s time in last month alone! Check out this hilarious recording of a spammer trying to scam an innocent RoboKiller user into a free trip to Vegas:
Here’s the recipe for why this Answer Bot is so great:
- Well-Timed Intro: The pause between “Hello?” and “Yeah, what’s going on what can I do for ya?” is clear, and allows the spammer enough time to ask to speak to the person of which they’re calling for. Spammers almost always lead with an opening line similar to the one above, so make sure to factor that into your Custom Answer Bot intro!
- Clear Pauses: Give enough time for spammers to respond to questions or statements in your Answer Bot. This will keep your Answer Bot conversational and believable!
- Question Asking: Once you’ve got your intro well-timed, the key to a long and successful Answer Bot is asking questions to keep the spammer engaged. Bonus points go to the questions that are outlandish, yet still somewhat relevant to what the scammer may be calling about.
Custom Answer Bots Are the Revenge Against Spammers You’ve Been Waiting For!
To conclude, we’re excited to team up with RoboKiller users like yourself to build our army of spam fighting Answer Bots. As we continue to grow, so will our Answer Bots until there is nowhere for spammers to hide.
What if scammers, arrogant debt collectors, and annoying robocallers spent countless hours talking to pre-recorded messages, thinking they’re talking to real people? Picture their embarrassment when they realize they’ve mistakenly been talking to a robot for five minutes, missing their call quota for the day, week, month, or even year!
Custom Answer Bots do just that, allowing you to (finally) get the revenge you’ve been waiting for and easily share it with friends!